The Coalition for Education and Outreach (CEO) is a community of practice that brings together educators, researchers, and practitioners working in science education and outreach. Headquartered at UC Berkeley, our 650 members are affiliated with colleges and universities, schools, museums, science centers, and informal science organizations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We host the Education and Outreach Google Group and hold monthly events and socials during the academic year. Membership is free and open to all.
Our community values
- Engagement & learning
- Equity & inclusion
- Creativity & innovation
- Excellence & integrity
CEO vision statement. CEO is an inclusive community of practice for science educators and public outreach practitioners. Through our listserv and events, we promote the sharing of ideas/resources and the advancement of best practices and professional skill development.
- Teresa Barnett, Community Resources for Science
- Laleh Coté, Graduate Group in Science & Mathematics Education, UC Berkeley; and Workforce Development and Education, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Amanda Dillon, Physics Department, UC Berkeley
- Rachel Henderson, Independent Science Writer
- Vanessa Lujan, Learning and Teaching Group, Lawrence Hall of Science
- Ryann Madden, College of Natural Resources, UC Berkeley
- Kalie Sacco, Lawrence Hall of Science
- Lisa White, University of California Museum of Paleontology
- Rachel Winheld, Science at Cal